postPosted January 17, 2013
10 REASONS YOU SHOULD DRINK MORE LEMON WATER
I'm sure we all know how important water is for our health. The ol' "DRINK 8 CUPS A DAY" rule has been ingrained in our minds for years now. Some of us may follow it and not really know WHY we're doing it. But, did you know you can improve the health benefits of water just by adding some lemons in it? Lemon water can not only improve our health, but is also a beauty remedy that people swear by!
So I am going to cut to the chase and give you 10 solid reasons why YOU should be drinking lemon water
1. It balances your pH levels: Many of us have highly acidic diets and lemon is one of the most alkaline foods we can ingest. Though it is high in citric acid, once we digest it, it helps reduce your body's overall acidity. An imbalance in the body's pH levels can affect all major body systems - especially the digestive (liver, gall bladder), intestinal (colon and small intestine), circulatory and immune systems in particular, which each depend upon pH balance to function well. Also, many vital bodily functions, including enzyme activity and hormone balance are completely dependent upon the body maintaining healthy pH levels
2. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function and also helps control blood pressure.
3. Assists in weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. Also, drinking more water throughout the day can help you feel fuller, so you eat less!
4. Acts as a natural diuretic Lemons can help you if you are retaining water. Lemons actually increase the rate of urination in the body, helping release toxins at the same time as reducing unnecessary water retention.
5. Can clear up skin problems: If you are facing acne, lemon water can help clear it up over time. By reducing the toxins in your blood, your skin can clear up within a couple weeks! Lemon juice when applied directly to the skin, can reduce the appearance of acne related scars.
6. Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in the body. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
7. Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.
9. Reduces the effects of stress: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. Lemon water can give you a quick boost of vitamin C, which will reduce the nasty effects stress can have on your body.
10. Gives you that healthy "glow": When your healthy on the inside, you'll notice it on the outside. By clarifying your body of toxins, you'll notice your skin has that healthy glow. When we are full of toxins it is sometimes noticeable by giving us dry, sallow skin.
"Like" us on Facebook for Daily DIY, Hair & Beauty Tips: http://www.facebook.com/stylestrands