postPosted September 05, 2012
How To Guide: Caring for your Clip-In Hair Extensions
After spending your hard earned money on a beautiful set of clip-in hair extensions, you will want to make sure you are perfectly equipped to take care of them. Proper care techniques will ensure they look shiny, smooth and natural for a very long time. We have worn clip-in extensions for years, and also done a ton of research to find out the best methods of caring for your clip-in hair extensions! Read below for the Do’s and Don’ts of Hair Extension Care!
· Brush your hair extensions with a wide-toothed comb immediately after removal, before storing them away
· Do start at the bottom of the extensions when combing through any tangles or snags and gently work your way to the top
· Do wash and condition your hair extensions separately, and no more than once a week (only as necessary.. depending on wear, you might only wash once a month)
· Do apply conditioning treatments to maintain hair moisture and balance. Treat your clip-ins as you would your own hair!
· Do store your extensions carefully to avoid tangles. Preferably in the original packaging or a special box designed for hair extension storage
· Do apply a heat protectant spray prior to curling, straightening or blow-drying your clip-in hair extensions
· Do wash your clip-ins with a clarifying shampoo once every 5 washes, to reduce product build-up
· Do apply a pea size portion of Hair Oil to your hair extensions. This will create a healthy shine and also have a wonderful moisturizing effect
· Do not sleep or exercise with your clip-in extensions. This can cause tangles and unnecessary pulling on your natural hair.
· Do not rub your hair extensions with a towel to dry them. Simply comb through when went and let air dry or blow-dry as normal
· Do not swim with your clip-in extensions. Chlorine in pools is very drying, and will dry out your hair and reduce its natural shine
· Do not tease your hair extensions. It is very hard to remove teasing and you may end up pulling the hair out of the weave, causing excessive shedding or breakage
Clip-In hair extensions are amazing and can really transform your look, but there is nothing worse than a ratty old pair of extensions, that show their wear and tear! Maintain your clip-ins properly, and you will have gorgeous hair for months to come!